Suzie heads up Australian Business Lawyers & Advisor's Corporate and Commercial practice with over 15 years experience.
Known for her commercial insight into the extensive range of risks and legal issues facing organisations and the importance of maximising revenue while minimising risk to the business. She is dedicated to assisting companies and their boards, directors, company secretaries and key business stakeholders comply with corporate governance and compliance obligations, as well as taking care of the legal details to get deals done in a commercial and cost effective manner.
Accustomed to assisting clients in heavily regulated industries, Suzie has the ability to complete highly complex legal tasks in innovative ways while maintaining compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements. She is known for being a trusted advisor to her clients, with a commercial, down to earth and responsive approach and experience in a broad range of areas, including:
- Business Transactions - business sales and acquisitions, corporate structuring and start-ups, shareholder, joint venture and partnership agreements
- Corporate Advisory - corporate governance including corporations law and directors duties
- Commercial Contracts – day to day and complex commercial contracts, such as: confidentiality agreements, supply and distribution agreements, licensing arrangements, IT contracts, maintenance and support contracts, exclusive and non-exclusive distribution agreements, business terms and conditions of sale, sponsorship agreements, import/export and manufacturing arrangements, service agreements, including advising clients on termination of contracts and resolution of commercial disputes
- IT and Intellectual Property - licensing arrangements, intellectual property protection including trade marks, copy right and enforcement
- Regulatory Compliance – competition and consumer issues, privacy laws, cyber security, liquor licensing, gaming
- Property – commercial property and leasing matters.
Her breadth of experience across multiple areas of law and commercial acumen uniquely enables her to be a complete outsourced ‘legal counsel’ - identifying and protecting her clients from a broad range of risks and legal issues while keeping commercial goals at the forefront of all advice.
Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors, Governance Institute of Australia, The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, The Law Society of NSW.