Brittany is an Associate practising in the areas of employment, industrial and anti-discrimination law. Brittany joined Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors in 2021 and is based in our Newcastle office. Prior to joining Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors, she worked as a Solicitor in the Employment, Safety & Regulatory Team of a global law firm.
Brittany understands the importance of providing timely, accurate advice and simple, cost-effective solutions tailored to the individual needs of the client. She is known for her approachability and attention-to-detail, as well as her strong legal research, drafting and problem-solving skills.
Brittany’s areas of experience include:
- employee claims (unfair dismissals, general protections and workplace bullying & harassment);
- workplace agreements and policies & procedures;
- disciplinary process/performance management;
- management of ill or injured employees;
- redundancy and termination;
- post-employment obligations, including restraints;
- Modern Award interpretation;
- enterprise bargaining and union engagement;
- independent contracting and labour hire; and
- workplace investigations.
Brittany holds a Bachelor of Communication and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Diploma of Legal Practice and was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia in 2019.