Victor joined Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors (ABLA) in April 2022. He is best known for delivering practical, candid and solution-focused advice to his clients and advises businesses on all facets of employment law and workplace relations.
Recently, Victor has been involved in:
- acting for Australia’s third largest rural supplies group enforce a restraint of trade against a former employee;
- acting as an investigator in a large-scale matter involving allegations of sexual misconduct and harassment and employee misconduct;
- providing complex advice to one of Australia’s leading broadcasting companies regarding dual employment/contractual arrangements; and
- defending unfair dismissal and general protections claims.
Prior to joining ABLA, Victor was the Legal Counsel for ClubsNSW and the Senior Advisor for Industrial Relations and Policy at Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA). Whilst at R&CA, Victor worked closely with ABLA on the following matters:
- temporarily varying the Restaurant Industry Award 2020 by inserting new flexibility provisions providing for simplified classification structures and entitlements to exemption rates and an all-purpose allowance, in response to the Attorney-General’s Award Consultation process; and
- temporarily varying the Restaurant Industry Award 2010 (as it then was) by introducing additional flexibilities to assist employers (and employees) at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Victor brings with him wide pre-admission experience, having:
- worked as an Associate at the Fair Work Commission (2019-20);
- worked as a Prosecution Officer for the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (NSW) (2014-18); and
- worked as an Associate at the District Court of New South Wales (2012-13).
Victor is fluent in Korean.